Wednesday, September 14, 2011

blog #2 Delaying the packing

I continue to delay the packing. It’s a mind game. If I pack at the last minute it will feel like I am packing for another one of my normal trips that I’ve made before and I won’t feel as bad about leaving for a whole year. Also, the fact that I am only allowed to check in one bag and take a 20 lb carry one makes it a bit more difficult to believe that I will be gone for such a long time. I was not planning on taking so many things in the first place but just being able to check in one bag really limits to what I can take with me. I know for a fact that I have to take winter clothes, which are the heaviest and my least favorite to wear. If it was up to me I would wear dresses and flip flops every day. I will miss the Cali weather so much especially the weather in Orange County. We are so spoiled! 75 degree weather most of the year, who could complain?  I will also make sure to throw clothes that I can dress up and down. 

So I keep hearing “what are you doing your last few days before leaving, any big plans?” 
Every day has been a Saturday this summer. Thankfully, I have been able to catch up with a lot of friends and family as the summer went by. Now, I just want to continue enjoying my family and close friends before I head out.  I consider myself extremely lucky because I am constantly receiving text messages, calls and emails from people wishing me good luck or wanting to hang out with me before my departure. I feel loved and also think that it has dawned down on other people more than it has on me. This is a blessing and a curse. It is easy for me to act on certain things without thinking twice about it. Often times I don’t realize what I have gotten myself into until I am stuck doing it. For example, traveling to Spain might be one of those “crazy ideas”. 
Today, I was able to visit the happiest place on earth. Going to Disneyland always makes me happy.  I am a kid at heart which is why I decided to get a Disney pass. I was not able to go the last few months because I was always too busy with school or work but now I have all the time in the world to relax and enjoy Disneyland. For those of you who know me relaxing is never on the top of my list so this has been a real treat.
Slowly but surely I am finishing everything that needs to get done before I head out. Tomorrow I will get my phone unlocked and hopefully I will be able to get it to work once I get to Europe. I need to teach my mom how to video chat with me so that we can see each other often. I know that video chatting will be very helpful for both us. I love technology. Communicating across the world has become extremely easy which is fascinating to me. 
I will also be making my last trip to Los Angeles tomorrow. Leaving my favorite city for a whole year is definitely going to make me sad but I am even more scared of falling in love with Spain and not coming back to California. Don't get scared now. I'm just kidding. I'll be back in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment